Application Design Technologist for Halton Canada
This position translates drawing requests into formatted drawings for distribution to customers for subsequent approval and fabrication. The person takes instruction from Team Leaders and interacts with Engineering and Manufacturing Departments.
Halton Canada is now hiring an Application Design Technologist to join the team
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Position general responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepare mechanical drawing, product and system layouts by reviewing sketches, specifications and supporting documents
- Actively support departmental functions
- Liaise with Manufacturing and Design Engineering Operations
- Modify drawings by evaluating, resolving and incorporating changes
- Maintain design control templates and project files
- Apply knowledge of regulatory codes
- Provide assistance, make modifications, or additions for customers once drawing is released
- Ensure required additional technical data is supplied with submittal drawings
Work is accomplished in an office setting, and on the manufacturing floor. Position will interact with associates at all levels.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must be an excellent team player
- Computer literate (MS Office-Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and to exercise independent judgement.
- Proficient in AutoCad and 3D software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Able to work with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Very reliable, flexible and organized
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to read technical drawings and specifications
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Previous technical experience (Mechanical, plumbing and electrical) is an asset
- Autocad knowledge required
Please send forward your resume to:
Human Resource Manager, Halton Canada
Applications will be accepted until November 8th, 2019