Product / USR-S
USR-S – Capture Ray™ low profile hood (CE)
With Capture Jet™ technology
CE Marked (UKCA pending) – The suspended USR-S low profile hood is a highly efficient kitchen ventilation solution. Specially designed for electric fryers and small grills, it is equipped with the UV Capture Ray™ technology that keeps the plenums and ductwork virtually grease-free and reduces the cooking odours emissions.
USR-S hoods are also equipped with the Capture Jet™ technology. It requires up to 50% less exhaust air volume than traditional hoods.
The suspended USR-S low profile hoods are suitable for LEED(1) projects and can be used in open or closed kitchens, particularly the Quick Service Restaurants located in dense urban areas or whose ducts are difficult to access. They are designed to capture pollutants generated by electric fryers and griddles more efficiently as they are located closer to the cooking appliances.
USR hoods are equipped with the UV Capture Ray™ technology that neutralises the grease carried by the exhausted air. By carefully selecting the number of UV lamps, airborne cooking odours will be so minimal that it can negate the need to discharge the vitiated air at high level from the building. Eliminate neighbourhood and safety concerns, establish your restaurant wherever you choose, and save a great deal on your energy bill and cleaning costs.
USR-S hoods are also equipped with the Capture Jet™ technology.
- Minimum space used.
- Considerable energy savings: Up to 50% reduction in exhaust airflow rates thanks to front Capture Jets.
- Savings on maintenance and enhanced safety: Two-level filtering with highly-efficient KSA cyclonic filters (UL, NSF and LPS 1263 certified). Neutralisation of remaining grease particles and vapours due to Capture Ray™ technology.
- The drastic reduction of the grease deposits lowers the cleaning costs for ductwork and exhaust plenums and raises hygiene and fire safety to the highest level.
- The Capture Ray™ technology also reduces drastically the odour emissions.
- Total access security to UV-C lamps.
- USR-SOD – The UV On Demand option activates the lamps only when cooking appliances are actually used and saves up to one lamps set where other UV systems require two.
- Equipped with Halton Connect IoT (Internet of Things) platform with advanced 24/7 distant monitoring capabilities.
- Highest value of ownership thanks to Halton Connect & Care smart services available as an option from kitchens commissioning.
- Halton Skyline LED culinary light provides the best visual comfort while contributing to further improve the safety and the energy savings.
- When extended to the whole kitchen, the Human Centric version of Halton Skyline directly contributes to chefs’ and their teams Wellbeing.
- Performance tested independently in accordance with the ASTM 1704 Exhaust airflow rates calculated on the basis of this performance and the calculation of cooking appliances’ heat loads.
(1) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
More about the main embedded technologies
Recommended combinations with other products or technologies
USR Hoods can be combined with other Halton technologies or products in order to further enhance the performance of your kitchen, whether talking about the energy savings, safety, Indoor Environment Quality (IEQ) or Impact on the environment.
Further increase the energy savings and improve the working conditions of the staff
Go for M.A.R.V.E.L. energy saving technology for kitchens ventilation
Get peace of mind by making no compromise on fire safety
Go for the factory pre-installed FSS Fire Suppression System
Optimize the ductwork cleaning costs and further improve your safety
Go for KGS grease deposition level monitoring system for ductwork