Product / USR-S
USR-S – Capture Ray™ low profile and suspended hood (CE)
Special fryers, with Capture Jet™ technology
CE Marked (UKCA pending) – The suspended USR-S low profile hood is a highly efficient kitchen ventilation solution. Specially designed for electric fryers and small grills, it is equipped with the UV Capture Ray™ technology that keeps the plenums and ductwork virtually grease-free and reduces the cooking odours emissions.
USR-S hoods are also equipped with the Capture Jet™ technology. It requires up to 50% less exhaust air volume than traditional hoods.
USR hoods are suitable for LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) projects and can be used in open or closed kitchens, particularly the Quick Service Restaurants located in dense urban areas or whose ducts are difficult to access. They are designed to capture pollutants generated by electric fryers and griddles more efficiently as they are located closer to the cooking appliances.
USR hoods are equipped with the UV Capture Ray™ technology that neutralises the grease carried by the exhausted air. By carefully selecting the number of UV lamps, airborne cooking odours will be so minimal that it can negate the need to discharge the vitiated air at high level from the building. Eliminate neighbourhood and safety concerns, establish your restaurant wherever you choose, and save a great deal on your energy bill and cleaning costs.
USR hoods are also equipped with the Capture Jet™ technology on the front. The inclined front improves the view of the cooking surfaces (negative overhang) for better working comfort.
Considerable energy savings
- Up to 50% reduction in exhaust airflow rates due to Capture Jet™ technology.
- Possibility to extend the airflows reduction to up to 64% with M.A.R.V.E.L. energy savings technology.
Improved safety and maintenance savings
- KSA cyclonic aerosol separators complying with EN 16282-6, 95% efficient on 10 microns particles or larger (also UL, NSF and LPS certified).
- Neutralisation of remaining grease particles and vapors after mechanical filtration thanks to the Capture Ray™ technology.
- The drastic reduction in grease deposits greatly lowers the cleaning costs for the ductwork and the exhaust plenums. Hygiene and fire safety are at an optimum level.
- The Capture Ray™ technology also reduces drastically the odors emissions and enables establishing restaurants in dense urban sites.
- Total access security to UV-C lamps.
- The UV On Demand option activates the lamps only when cooking appliances are actually used and saves up to one lamps set where other UV systems require two.
Other features and benefits
- HACCP certified (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point).
- Minimum space used.
- No need for an extra duct for the Capture Jet™ technology.
- Capture Jets are automatically switched off when the hood is not used or operates at a minim airflow.
- Equipped with Halton Connect IoT (Internet of Things) platform with advanced 24/7 distant monitoring capabilities.
- Highest value of ownership thanks to Halton Connect & Care smart services available as an option from kitchens commissioning.
- Halton Skyline LED culinary light provides the best visual comfort while contributing to further improve the safety and the energy savings.
- When extended to the whole kitchen, the Human Centric version of Halton Skyline directly contributes to chefs’ and their teams Wellbeing.
- Exhaust airflow rates determined with a EN 16282-1 based calculation method taking into account the loads of the cooking appliances, the configuration of the extract system and its capture and containment efficiency.
- Capture and containment efficiency tested in accordance with the ASTM 1704 standard.
- Quick and easy commissioning. Hoods delivered “ready to install”, with all accessories included, such as light fitting, T.A.B.™ taps and dampers for quick balancing on-site.
- Sturdier and easier to clean- Less parts and less joints. Stainless steel construction.
Freestanding version available USR-F.
More about the main embedded technologies
Recommended combinations with other products or technologies
To further enhance the performance of your kitchen, whether talking about the energy savings, safety, Indoor Environment Quality (IEQ) or the kitchen’s impact on the environment, here are couple of combinations with other Halton products or technologies we recommend you.
Further increase the energy savings and improve the working conditions of the staff
Go for M.A.R.V.E.L. energy saving technology for kitchens ventilation
Get peace of mind by making no compromise on fire safety
Go for the factory pre-installed FSS Fire Suppression System
Optimize the ductwork cleaning costs and further improve your safety
Go for KGS grease deposition level monitoring system for ductwork