Product / CMW-FMOD
CMW-FMOD – Cold Mist on Demand hood (CE)
With Capture Jet™ technology and integrated makeup air
CE Marked (UKCA pending) – The CMW-FMOD hood is a highly efficient kitchen ventilation solution. It has been designed to address the challenges of heavy duty cooking appliances such as solid fuelled broilers. It is equipped with the Cold Mist On Demand technology (MOD) to reduce the temperature of the air, neutralize the potential sparks and remove the grease from the exhausted air.
The CMW-FMOD hoods are also equipped with the new generation of Capture Jet™ technology. They require 30% to 40% less exhaust air volume than traditional hoods, while delivering makeup air to the kitchen at low velocity.
CMW-FMOD hoods are specially designed for heavy duty or solid fuel cooking appliances, such as charcoal ovens, barbecues, gas woks or charbroilers. They are equipped with the Cold Mist technology used to drive the inherent fire risk down to the level of standard cooking appliances.
The Cold Mist technology is based on the use of a continuous, full-length fine Cold Water Mist facility inside the exhaust plenum of the hood. It has proved to be extremely efficient at removing FOG (fats, oils and grease) from the airstream, thus also reducing odour emissions at the point of discharge, for the benefit of neighbouring premises. It also acts as an effective “Spark Arrestor”. Fire safety can’t be higher.
The high efficient KSA cyclonic filters complete the action of the Cold Mist. They remove the particles that may pass through the cold mist or continue providing a high filtration when the Cold Mist is not activated.
With the Mist On Demand technology (MOD), the water mist is activated on demand, only when it is strictly required. This is a safe and responsible approach that saves up to 80% on the cold water consumption.
CMW-FMOD hoods are also equipped with the Capture Jet™ technology and a low-velocity make up air on the front face.
Considerable energy savings
- Up to 40% reduction in exhaust airflow rates due to Capture Jet™ technology.
- Possibility to extend the airflows reduction to up to 64% with M.A.R.V.E.L. energy savings technology.
Improved safety and maintenance savings
- The Cold Mist reduces the exhaust air temperature, preventing the risks due to high duct surface temperature.
- KSA cyclonic aerosol separators complying with EN 16282-6, 95% efficient on 10 microns particles or larger (also UL, NSF and LPS certified).
- The combination of the Cold Mist and the KSA cyclonic filters prevents the build-up of grease deposits in the ductwork.
- The Cold Mist acts as a spark and flame arrestor to prevent igniting the minimal tar and creosote deposits in the ductwork.
- The Water Wash technology automatically cleans the filters with no staff intervention so that they can entirely devote to production.
- The fire risk of heavy duty cooking appliances is reduced back to that of standard cooking appliances.
- The On Demand option activates the Cold Mist only when required and saves up to 80% on the water consumption.
- HACCP certified (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point).
- No need for an extra duct for the Capture Jet™ technology.
- Capture Jets are automatically switched off when the hood is not used or operates at a minim airflow.
- Better capture efficiency and comfort for the staff thanks to a low-velocity diffuser built into the front.
- Requires CCW control cabinet for the automatic washing cycles and Cold Mist management.
- Equipped with Halton Connect IoT (Internet of Things) platform with advanced 24/7 distant monitoring capabilities.
- Highest value of ownership thanks to Halton Connect & Care smart services available as an option from kitchens commissioning.
- Halton Skyline LED culinary light provides the best visual comfort while contributing to further improve the safety and the energy savings.
- When extended to the whole kitchen, the Human Centric version of Halton Skyline directly contributes to chefs’ and their teams Wellbeing.
- Exhaust airflow rates determined with a EN 16282-1 based calculation method taking into account the loads of the cooking appliances, the configuration of the extract system and its capture and containment efficiency.
- Capture and containment efficiency tested in accordance with the ASTM 1704 standard.
- Quick and easy commissioning. Hoods delivered “ready to install”, with all accessories included, such as light fitting, T.A.B.™ taps and dampers for quick balancing on-site.
- Sturdier and easier to clean- Less parts and less joints. Stainless steel construction.
More about the main embedded technologies
Recommended combinations with other products or technologies
To further enhance the performance of your kitchen, whether talking about the energy savings, safety, Indoor Environment Quality (IEQ) or the kitchen’s impact on the environment, here are couple of combinations with other Halton products or technologies we recommend you.
Go for M.A.R.V.E.L. energy saving technology for kitchens ventilation
About Halton Connect & Care
Halton Connect is a state-of-the-art IoT (Internet of Things) platform whose core is an advanced cloud-based portal. It enables 24/7 remote monitoring of the solutions designed by Halton. It allows access to important and useful information along with powerful data analytics to the end users. It also provides crucial information to our engineers. In return, they can remotely and safely control all systems and their settings when required.
This digital “two directions” technology opens the way to Premium Services that are vital to keep the performance of the systems and technologies at the initial design level and during the entire lifecycle. Even better! They enable continuous optimisation of your systems, resulting in even lower operating costs.
CMW-FMOD – Cold Mist on Demand hood (CE)
CMW-FMOD varustettu Capture Jet™ -tekniikalla ja tuloilmalaitteella
CMW-FMOD – Hotte Cold Mist à la demande (CE)
CMW-FMOD Mit Capture Jet™-Technologie und integrierter Zuluft
CMW-FMOD Med Capture Jet™-teknik och integrerad tilluft
CMW-FMOD 采用Capture Jet™技术和集成送风系统
Halton FS Mist On Demand en
Halton FS Halton for Josper en
Halton FS Mist On Demand da
Halton FS Halton for Josper ru
Halton FS Mist On Demand zh
Halton FS Halton for Josper fr
Halton FS Halton for Josper da
Halton FS HCL Skyline Brochure en
Halton FS HACCP Halton Group Certificate
Halton FS EAC Certificate 02
Halton FS CMW-F Cold Mist Hoods pl