Product / AEU
AEU – Aerolys supply Air Handling Unit (CE)
With Halton’s urban pack including UVGI treatment – Eurovent accredited
CE marked (UKCA pending) – The EUROVENT accredited AEU supply air-handling units have been developed to work in conjunction with and complement PEU exhaust air handling units with pollution control.
The primary function of the AEU units is not merely to introduce replacement air back into a commercial kitchen but to ensure that the quality of that air is as good as it possibly can be.
As with the PEU exhaust units, AEU supply units have been developed on the basis of individual modules which are then selected based on the specific requirements of a given project design requirements.
Halton’s range of Aerolys AEU supply air handling units is designed as an integrated solution and complement PolluStop exhaust air handling units to comply with the highest hygiene and efficiency requirements inside professional kitchens.
Aerolys units are equipped with the “Urban Pack” and including high efficiency carbon impregnated bag filters and Halton SafeGuard Risk UVGI (Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation) treatment. The bag filters virtually eliminate the gaseous and particulate pollutants. The UVGI lamps neutralize the incoming viruses and bacteria and also mitigates the known risk of them growing on the coils of the unit as well as mould.
Replacing the exhaust air is not merely a question of blowing in fresh and healthy air. Hygiene can rapidly become compromised if the correct balance between supply and exhaust is NOT kept at all times and in each area of the kitchen. When energy-saving technology such as M.A.R.V.E.L. is used, this risk is even greater. When demand ventilation is used, the exhaust airflow rates are adjusted continuously depending on the cooking activity. Aerolys is fully compatible with M.A.R.V.E.L. and automatically tracks airflow ensuring the space balance is maintained.
Aerolys units meet the most stringent hygiene requirements enabling chefs, and their team to benefit from the healthiest fresh air and contributes directly to the highest operational safety. When combined with PolluStop air handling units and M.A.R.V.E.L., restaurants can then be located wherever you choose i.e. where they are of most value while benefiting from unmatched energy savings, and without risk of neighbourhood complaint.
- Eurovent accredited
- Specially developed to establish restaurants in dense urban areas or when the quality of the incoming air is required to meet high standards (hospitals, care homes, public buildings etc).
- Wide range of units, from 3,240 to 38,880 m³/h (0.9 to 10.8 m³/s)
- Can work in conjunction with the energy recovery coil incorporated in a PolluStop unit, offering air-to-air heat transfer.
- Options for low temperature hot water, indirect gas or electric heating facilities.
- Options for chilled water or direct expansion (dx) cooling facilities.
- Attenuators for reducing in-duct noise levels can be provided.
- Features the “Urban Pack” which is a combination of ultra high-efficiency Panel filters, impregnated long-pocket Bag filters and Halton SafeGuard Risk UVGI treatment.
- Halton SafeGuard Risk UVGI neutralizes the outside viruses and bacteria .
- The combination works to ensure the cleanest and safest makeup air for the kitchen’s processes and the staff.
- Compatible with M.A.R.V.E.L. energy saving technology.
- Equipped with Halton Connect IoT (Internet of Things platform) platform with advanced 24/7 distant monitoring capabilities.
- Highest value of ownership thanks to Halton Connect & Care smart services offering.
- External insulated panelling available in 4 colour options (dark blue, light grey, dark grey or white).
- Acoustic and thermal insulation built into the unit’s double-skin panels.
- External installation possible. There are a number of additional service possibilities, such as variable frequency drive and other monitoring systems.
- Good thermal comfort guaranteed by complete and fully compatible packages: supply temperature controls, airflow management dampers and kitchen specific air diffusers.
More about the main embedded technologies
Recommended combinations with other products or technologies
To further enhance the performance of your kitchen, whether talking about the energy savings, safety, Indoor Environment Quality (IEQ) or the kitchen’s impact on the environment, here are couple of combinations with other Halton products or technologies we recommend you.
Further increase the energy savings and improve the working conditions of the staff
Go for M.A.R.V.E.L. energy saving technology for kitchens ventilation
Establish your kitchen wherever you chose and increase once more the energy savings
Go for PolluStop PEU exhaust Air Handling Units with pollution control and heat recovery
Optimize the ductwork cleaning costs and further improve your safety
Go for KGS grease deposition level monitoring system for ductwork
About Halton Connect & Care
Halton Connect is a state-of-the-art IoT (Internet of Things) platform whose core is an advanced cloud-based portal. It enables 24/7 remote monitoring of the solutions designed by Halton. It allows access to important and useful information along with powerful data analytics to the end users. It also provides crucial information to our engineers. In return, they can remotely and safely control all systems and their settings when required.
This digital “two directions” technology opens the way to Premium Services that are vital to keep the performance of the systems and technologies at the initial design level and during the entire lifecycle. Even better! They enable continuous optimisation of your systems, resulting in even lower operating costs.
Halton range of exhaust and supply Air Handling Units for commercial kitchens
Discover the key points and main benefits of Halton’s AHUs for an efficient and safe ventilation of commercial kitchens:
– PolluStop exhaust units with advanced pollution control;
– Aerolys supply units with air quality control;
– Extenso exhaust and supply units that combine the benefits of both PolluStop and Aerolys.
About Eurovent certificate
Halton Foodservice participates in the Eurovent Certified Programme for Halton AHU range of exhaust and supply units (PolluStop PEU, Aerolys AEU and Extenso XEU). Diploma: 17.02.277.
Check on-going validity of certificate: www.eurovent-certification.com
Ranking of Halton Aerolys (AEU), PolluStop (PEU) and Extenso (XEU) units
As part of this programme, the model box of Halton Air Handling Units has been tested according to 6 targets. The scores Halton AHUs reached on each target are detailed below.
Max Deflection CS ≤ 4 mm
Max transmittance 1,4 < TT ≤ 2,0 W/m2 K
Max Bridging 0,30 < TBF ≤ 0,45
Max leakage 0,44 < CAL400 ≤ 1,32 l/s m2
Max leakage 0,63 < CAL700 ≤ 1,9 l/s m2
Max bypass FBL ≤ 0,5%
More about the targets and what they mean.
* R stands for Real Unit (M stands for Model Box).
Acoustical insulation [dB]