Product / UWI
UWI – Capture Ray™ and Water Wash hood (CE)
With Capture Jet™ technology
CE Marked (UKCA pending) – The UWI hood is a highly efficient kitchen ventilation solution. Based on the use of Ultraviolet lamps (UV-C) which neutralises grease vapours and particles, the Capture Ray™ technology neutralises grease vapours and particles. It keeps the plenum and ductwork virtually grease-free and reduces the cooking odours emissions. In addition, The Water Wash technology washes down the grease filters and the exhaust plenum automatically.
The UWF hoods are also equipped with the Capture Jet™ technology, with front and side double Jets. They require 30% to 40% less exhaust air volume than traditional hoods.
UWI hoods are Halton’s “all in one” solution, resulting in some unique benefits. It is a combination of the technologies and benefits of UVI and KWI hoods that make it one of the most efficient kitchen ventilation solutions.
It is suitable for projects and can be used in all closed, open or show kitchens particularly those with an intense level of activity (central kitchens, hotels, hospitals, etc).
The Capture Ray™ technology neutralises the grease carried by the exhausted air and also drastically reduces the odours emissions for the kitchen while the Water Wash automatically carries out the regular cleaning of the filters, with no outside intervention necessary.
UWI hoods are also equipped with the Capture Jet™ technology.
Considerable energy savings
- Up to 40% reduction in exhaust airflow rates due to Capture Jet™ technology.
- Possibility to extend the airflows reduction to up to 64% with M.A.R.V.E.L. energy savings technology.
Improved safety, maintenance savings and respect for the neighborhood
- KSA cyclonic aerosol separators complying with EN 16282-6, 95% efficient on 10 microns particles or larger (also UL, NSF and LPS certified).
- Neutralisation of remaining grease particles and vapors after mechanical filtration thanks to the Capture Ray™ technology.
- The Water Wash technology automatically cleans the filters with no staff intervention so that they can entirely devote to production
- The drastic reduction in grease deposits greatly lowers the cleaning costs for the ductwork and the exhaust plenums. The cleaning costs are further reduced thanks to the filters automatic cleaning. Hygiene and fire safety are at the highest possible level.
- The Capture Ray™ technology also reduces drastically the odors emissions and enables establishing restaurants in dense urban sites.
- Total access security to UV-C lamps.
- The UV On Demand option activates the lamps only when cooking appliances are actually used and saves up to one lamps set where other UV systems require two.
- HACCP certified (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point).
- No need for an extra duct for the Capture Jet™ technology.
- Capture Jets are automatically switched off when the hood is not used or operates at a minim airflow.
- Requires CCW control cabinet for the automatic washing cycles management.
- Equipped with Halton Connect IoT (Internet of Things) platform with advanced 24/7 distant monitoring capabilities.
- Highest value of ownership thanks to Halton Connect & Care smart services available as an option from kitchens commissioning.
- Halton Skyline LED culinary light provides the best visual comfort while contributing to further improve the safety and the energy savings.
- When extended to the whole kitchen, the Human Centric version of Halton Skyline directly contributes to chefs’ and their teams Wellbeing.
- Exhaust airflow rates determined with a EN 16282-1 based calculation method taking into account the loads of the cooking appliances, the configuration of the extract system and its capture and containment efficiency.
- Capture and containment efficiency tested in accordance with the ASTM 1704 standard.
- Quick and easy commissioning. Hoods delivered “ready to install”, with all accessories included, such as light fitting, T.A.B.™ taps and dampers for quick balancing on-site.
- Sturdier and easier to clean- Less parts and less joints. Stainless steel construction.
More about the main embedded technologies
Recommended combinations with other products or technologies
To further enhance the performance of your kitchen, whether talking about the energy savings, safety, Indoor Environment Quality (IEQ) or the kitchen’s impact on the environment, here are couple of combinations with other Halton products or technologies we recommend you.
Further increase the energy savings and improve the working conditions of the staff
Go for M.A.R.V.E.L. energy saving technology for kitchens ventilation
Get peace of mind by making no compromise on fire safety
Go for the factory pre-installed FSS Fire Suppression System
Optimize the ductwork cleaning costs and further improve your safety
Go for KGS grease deposition level monitoring system for ductwork
About Halton Connect & Care
Halton Connect is a state-of-the-art IoT (Internet of Things) platform whose core is an advanced cloud-based portal. It enables 24/7 remote monitoring of the solutions designed by Halton. It allows access to important and useful information along with powerful data analytics to the end users. It also provides crucial information to our engineers. In return, they can remotely and safely control all systems and their settings when required.
This digital “two directions” technology opens the way to Premium Services that are vital to keep the performance of the systems and technologies at the initial design level and during the entire lifecycle. Even better! They enable continuous optimisation of your systems, resulting in even lower operating costs.
UWI – Capture Ray™ and Water Wash hood (CE)
UWI Varustettu Capture Jet™ -ja vesipesujärjestelmällä
UWI – Hotte Water Wash et UV Capture Ray™ (CE)
UWI Mit den Technologien Capture Jet™ & Water-Wash
UWI Med Capture Jet™- och Water Wash-tekniker
UWI 采用Capture Jet™和水洗技术
Halton FS UWI WWash Capture Ray Hoods da
Halton FS UWI WWash Capture Ray Hoods de
Halton FS UWI WWash Capture Ray Hoods en
Halton FS UWI WWash Capture Ray Hoods pl
Halton FS HCL Skyline Brochure en
Halton FS EAC Certificate 01
Halton FS HACCP Halton Group Certificate