Product / KCW-UV
KCW-UV – Water Wash and Capture Ray™ ventilated ceiling (CE)
With Capture Jet™ technology and low velocity makeup air
CE Marked (UKCA pending) – The KCW-UV ventilated ceiling is a highly efficient kitchen ventilation solution. Equipped with the Capture Ray™ technology, it keeps the plenum and ductwork virtually grease-free and reduces cooking odour emissions. The Water Wash technology washes down the grease filters without the need for removal of the filters from the ceiling. This eliminates the need for a second set of filters.
The KCW-UV ceiling is also equipped with the new generation of Capture Jet™ technology. It requires up to 15% less exhaust air volume than traditional ceilings to remove an equal heat load.
KCW-UV is based on the same design as KCW Capture Jet™ ventilated Ceiling with the added benefit of being equipped with the UV Capture Ray™ technology.
It neutralises the grease carried by the exhaust air. By carefully selecting the number of UV lamps, airborne cooking odours will be so minimal that it can negate the need to discharge the vitiated air at high level from the building. Eliminate neighbourhood and safety concerns, establish your restaurant wherever you choose, and save a great deal on your energy bill and cleaning costs.
Considerable energy savings
- Up to 15% reduction in exhaust airflow rates due to Capture Jet™ technology.
- Possibility to extend the airflows reduction to up to 53% with M.A.R.V.E.L. energy savings technology.
Improved safety, maintenance savings and respect for the neighborhood
- FC aerosol separators, complying with EN 16282-6, 93% efficient on 10 microns particles or larger.
- Neutralisation of remaining grease particles and vapors after mechanical filtration thanks to the Capture Ray™ technology.
- The Water Wash technology automatically cleans the filters with no staff intervention so that they can entirely devote to production. Further reduces the cleaning costs.
- The combination of the Water Wash exhaust plenum with FC filters has been tested according to DIN 18869-5 (ability to prevent flames passing through the filters).
- The drastic reduction in grease deposits greatly lowers the cleaning costs for the ductwork and the exhaust plenums. Hygiene and fire safety are at an optimum level. The cleaning costs are further reduced thanks to the filters automatic cleaning. Hygiene and fire safety are at the highest possible level.
- The Capture Ray™ technology also reduces drastically the odors emissions and enables establishing restaurants in dense urban sites.
- Total access security to UV-C lamps.
- The UV On Demand option activates the lamps only when cooking appliances are actually used and saves up to one lamps set where other UV systems require two.
Other features and benefits
- HACCP certified (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point).
- Turnkey projects: Dimensioning and design of each project «made in Germany», including installation by Halton specialists.
- Equipped with Halton Connect IoT (Internet of Things) platform with advanced 24/7 distant monitoring capabilities.
- Highest value of ownership thanks to Halton Connect & Care smart services available as an option from kitchens commissioning.
- Halton Skyline LED culinary light provides the best visual comfort while contributing to further improve the safety and the energy savings.
- The Human Centric version of Halton Skyline directly contributes to chefs’ and their teams Wellbeing, especially when extended to all kitchen areas.
- Unrivalled working conditions due to optimal air quality and thermal comfort, combined with excellent visual and acoustic comfort.
- Exhaust airflow rates determined with a EN 16282-1 based calculation method taking into account the loads of the cooking appliances, the configuration of the extract system and its capture and containment efficiency.
- The entire system is fully comprehensive and includes extraction, low velocity make up air, lighting, integration of the additional services and the fully consistent suspended KCP ceiling for the neutral areas.
- Adaptable for later modifications to the layout of cooking appliances.
- Many possibilities of customization.
More about the main embedded technologies
Recommended combinations with other products or technologies
To further enhance the performance of your kitchen, whether talking about the energy savings, safety, Indoor Environment Quality (IEQ) or the kitchen’s impact on the environment, here are couple of combinations with other Halton products or technologies we recommend you.
Further increase the energy savings and improve the working conditions of the staff
Go for M.A.R.V.E.L. energy saving technology for kitchens ventilation
Get peace of mind by making no compromise on fire safety
Go for the factory pre-installed FSS Fire Suppression System
Optimize the ductwork cleaning costs and further improve your safety
Go for KGS grease deposition level monitoring system for ductwork
About Halton Connect & Care
Halton Connect is a state-of-the-art IoT (Internet of Things) platform whose core is an advanced cloud-based portal. It enables 24/7 remote monitoring of the solutions designed by Halton. It allows access to important and useful information along with powerful data analytics to the end users. It also provides crucial information to our engineers. In return, they can remotely and safely control all systems and their settings when required.
This digital “two directions” technology opens the way to Premium Services that are vital to keep the performance of the systems and technologies at the initial design level and during the entire lifecycle. Even better! They enable continuous optimisation of your systems, resulting in even lower operating costs.
KCW-UV – Water Wash and Capture Ray™ ventilated ceiling (CE)
KCW-UV Varustettu vesipesu- ja Capture Jet™ -tekniikoilla
KCW-UV – Plafond filtrant Water Wash et UV Capture Ray™ (CE)
KCW-UV Ventilerat kökstak med Water Wash och Capture Ray™-tekniker
KCW-UV Vorzüge der KCW-UV CAPTURE RAY™& WATER WASH – KÜCHENLÜFTUNGSDECKE von Halton
KCW-UV 采用水洗技术和Capture Jet™技术
Halton FS HCL Skyline Brochure en
Halton FS EAC Certificate 01
Halton FS HACCP Halton Group Certificate